Canada Water West Residents Action Group has been representing residents on the western edge of the Canada Water Masterplan development site since 2015. We are campaigning to ensure that the existing community is not ignored by the developers and Southwark Council.
Having won a major battle to save the ‘Ada’s Garden’ wildlife area, we are now calling for the following from those shaping our area:
- No new building on or adjoining Lower Road to be higher than 4 storeys.
- A firm commitment to social and affordable housing to be part of the first wave of development
- A proper consultation on the new Canada Water leisure facilities and proof that the will be adequate with the planned growth in the area
- A clear and detailed plan for all parts of the Masterplan site adjoining existing homes – now, not later
- A joined-up plan for infrastructure – keeping Canada Water fit for purpose as a residential, shopping, leisure and business destination
- Proper engagement with the community that is already here.
Read more about what we are fighting for here.